Friday, February 15, 2008

Caught in a Blizzard!


Ryan's high school hockey team has advanced to the State Finals (we are currently in second place). We had a game in Salt Lake on Wednesday and were heading up to Steiner when a blizzard hit Point of the Mountain. It was snowing so hard I couldn't even tell where I was on the freeway. There was no turning back because there was no where to go. It took us almost 4 hours to get to Salt Lake- usually a 40 minute trip. When I left Orem I had just under a 1/4 of a tank of gas- figuring I would fill up when I got to Salt Lake. After sitting in the middle of the blizzard on the freeway for 3 hours I almost ran out of gas! We got off the freeway at the top of the point and found a gas station just in time. (yes, I learned my lesson!!) I tried to call and cancel the game but they wouldn't let me- they insisted we make our way up to Salt Lake. After 4 hours of driving we got there only to find out they decided to cancel after all.(grrrrr...I was mad but we had 3 players and our head coach who never made it so it was okay). I am happy to say that everyone on the team made it home safe and sound. For us it turned into a 7 hour trip all together. So we will have to wait until February 27th to find out if Timpanogos High School Hockey will be the State Champs this year!

1 comments:

Megan C. said...

That blizzard was so awful! I'm glad you made it safe - it got really scary out there!